The water in parts of the western area of Aarhus is contaminated. If you are affected by the contamination, the health inspector recommends that you should boil the water.
Read more about the precautions below.
Things to avoid
- Avoid drinking water directly from the tap - make sure that children do not do so, either. Boil the water first.
- Before cooking: Avoid washing your hands in water coming directly from the tap - boil the water first.
- Avoid rinsing fruit, lettuce and vegetables in water coming directly from the tap - boil the water first.
- Avoid filling the coffee machine with water coming directly from the tap.
- Avoid using the dishwasher.
- Avoid doing the dishes with water coming directly from the tap - boil the water first.
- Avoid brushing your teeth in water coming directly from the tap - make sure that children do not do so, either. Boil the water first.
It is ok to use tap water for
- taking showers and washing your hands
- cooking potatoes - and mixing with flour for baking purposes laundering and cleaning
Boiling means heating to 100 degrees for two minutes.
When you use the electric kettle, cook one portion of water twice with a couple of minutes apart.
Yes, but you need to boil the water twice with a couple of minutes apart.
No. Avoid filling the coffee machine with water coming directly from the tap.
The water in these vending machines is not heated long enough and at a sufficiently high temperature to kill the bacteria.
According to the health inspector, white bread, rolls, buns, etc. are sufficiently heated in the oven to kill any bacteria.
Lettuce and other vegetables that are eaten raw must, however, be rinsed in boiled water before you eat them.
No. The best solution is to boil the water, and therefore water tanks will not be made available.
There is only a very small risk of getting sick if you drink some of the water. Until now, only very small amounts of bacteria have been found. However, you should boil the water from now on before you drink it.
Call your doctor if you start feeling unwell. The health inspector has not received any request from persons who have had symptoms.
We cannot tell, unfortunately. We take water samples from the distribution system on a daily basis in order to follow the development and identify the source of the contamination.
Keep updated on the website, www.aarhusvand.dk.